Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Window in the Weeds

Last month I took a long overdue trip to see an old friend in New York.  The plan was to eat, drink, and be merry together again, and it was a success.  Besides the company and conversation, my favorite part of the trip was the salvaged window pane that I scoffed up for just $20.  I knew just where it belonged:


This photo was taken about 3 weeks ago, and the surrounding unruly greenery has taken over the space and framed the pane nicely.  I hung some planters and started some seeds.  I had considered buying planters in bloom, but I'm trying to be as patient and thrifty as possible with the garden this year.  As soon as the painters are done with the house, I'll be able to string the clothes line and sit back to watch the laundry dry in a quiet place tucked behind the house, where maybe no one will find me!
More was in bloom around the yard that day.  Here are a few shots of the springtime splendor that we've enjoyed this year so far:

 

Linking up:
Weekend Bloggy Reading
Serenity Now

One Artsy Mama
One Artsy Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment