Monday, January 21, 2013

Quick on the draw for this best buy bag!

Several years ago, my husband and I agreed upon the declaration of one rule: the "10 second decision" rule. If something that really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things is causing us too much grief, we have the right to declare out loud "10 second decision".  This means that we will spend no more than 10 more precious seconds of our lives trying to make the best decision possible, and move on from the trivial matter at hand.

This is a great idea for progressive couples such as ourselves, but only when the situation calls for it's appropriate application.  For instance, if I'm trying to decide between the wine glasses with the rounded stem versus the ones with the more cut glass stem, it is perfectly acceptable for a sideline call of "10 second decision rule", and in minutes we are through the check out and on our way to a more lovely engagement.  This doesn't work so well when discussing mortgage terms.  For that, we let the cat decide.



And so it was on that insanely warm day in January, when I found myself alone with some stolen precious moments of "me time".  Where does one go when mere minutes fall into one's lap?  The Goodwill Store, of course!  I had been itching for a thrifty deal and thought there to be no better place to search but the ultimate collection Colosseum of cash and carry.  Several used home goods had caught my eye that day, but I was feeling particularly springy when I came across this robin's egg blue bag with vintage clasp:


At first, I was taken by the color, and quickly I was admiring the vintage front clasp.  There was little concern about wear, as the surfaces were clean and the center fabric proved to be pristine.  Sold as I was on the shape, style, and size, the sale tag was what sealed the deal.  For $5.99, the "10 second decision" was made.  This bag was bought, and I even found some awesome accessories to sweeten the steal, still under $15!

Now for the sprinkles on the frosting...When I got home, I Googled "Marc Jacobs" to see if I got my money's worth.  I was quickly in awe, as I had no idea that there was such a thing as a bag retailing for hundreds of thousands of dollars!  For all I care, this could be a knock off.  It knocked my socks off and I an pleased to have found it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment